Maintenance Instructions - General
Each care system is for the relevant floor finish.
Care System 1: Lacquered/UV Oiled
Care System 2: Natural Oiled
Care System 3: Hard Wax Oiled
Care system 4: Waxed
General Maintenance of all floors
- Daily/weekly cleaning consists of sweeping with a soft brush or dust attracting flat head mop.
- Please use the recommended maintenance products from Wooden Floors Online Limited.
- Floors can be periodically cleaned with an almost dry run out cloth, avoiding using excessive moisture.
- DO NOT WET MOP the floor, and wipe up any spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- DO NOT USE STEAM MOPS
- Remove rugs, when away from the property/site to even UV exposure otherwise rugs covering the wood floor will leave outlines on the wood floor. It will take time to even out the overall tone as it matures if covered for long periods. Periodically move furniture around to allow the floor to age evenly.
Wood flooring is a natural materials and changes a little in connection with humidity, this is natural and normal. During high humidity periods its picks up more moisture and expands its volume. During low humidity periods it reduces its moisture content and may shrink a little, so that very thin joints may appear. As a guide, gaps no thicker than a five pence piece are accepted as standard and these will return to normal over the course of the year. You can exercise influence on this relationship by suitable heating, ventilation, plants, humidifiers or air conditioning and with this you get the best possible room climate for your wood floor.
For your printable pdf version of Care System 1 – Maintenance for Lacquered or UV Oiled Wood Floors – please click on this link.